Dark Mode
Sunday, 22 May 2022
Logo
Prince Andrew stripped of his military titles
Prince Andrew-Duke of York/Facebook page

The BBC reported that Buckingham Palace has said, the Duke of York's military titles and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

A royal source said that Prince Andrew, 61, will also stop using the style His Royal Highness in an official capacity.

It comes as he faces a US civil action over sexual assault allegations - claims he has consistently denied.

A source close to the duke said he would "continue to defend himself" against the case brought in New York by Virginia Giuffre.

But the source insisted a judge's ruling on Wednesday that the civil action could proceed was "not a judgement on the merits of Ms Giuffre's allegations".

Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew

Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

Prince Andrew to face civil case over sex assault allegations

A source said that all Prince Andrew's roles have been returned to the Queen with immediate effect, and will be redistributed to other members of the Royal Family.

The source said that the issue had been widely discussed with the Royal Family.

Prince Andrew accepts U.S. service of Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit

Like Harry and Meghan, Prince Andrew retains his title HRH but will not use it in any official capacity.

Source: BBC