Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
United Arab Emirates officials confirmed they are extending the nationwide disinfection program which was supposed to conclude on Saturday, the country’s health and interior ministries confirmed in a statement. Coronavirus: UAE
“The two ministries said new facilities and establishments would be added to the disinfection plan in all emirates of the country. The Programme will be subject to periodic assessment as per recommendations approved by the World Health Organisation, WHO, and established international practices,” according to a statement on the WAM news agency.
The program, which was extended for a second week last Saturday, takes place on a nightly basis from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. during which a curfew is enacted and people are urged to stay at home.
“This decision comes in light of the successful implementation of the program, which was launched on Thursday, 26th March, with the use of the most advanced technologies. The program is being carried out with the support and cooperation of several competent bodies and participation of hundreds of workers, supervisors, and administrators from federal and local governments,” WAM added in its statement.
The UAE reported on Friday 240 new coronavirus cases, raising the total number of cases in the country up to 1,264, the ministry of health said, adding that one patient has died from the disease.
Dubai authorities have so far sanitized the metro, taxis, buses, and trams, videos posted by the Dubai Media Office showed. Coronavirus: UAE
Dubai Police also shared videos of radars on highways that were used to detect those violating traffic restrictions during the nighttime curfew. levant
source: Ismaeel Naar levant